The Waverley Amateur Radio Society was formed in 1919 in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney, and is the oldest, continuously licensed, amateur radio club in Australia. It is a very active club and caters for the hobbies of amateur radio and electronics with a variety of activities.
Regular meetings are held at our well equipped clubhouse in Rose Bay and training is provided for those new to the field. Visitors to our meetings are always welcome. Please explore this site to find out more about us and ways to make contact.
|Thank you to all those who participated in the 2018 Ferry Contest. Details regarding the rules and log submission are available here.|
Membership Renewals for 2018.
This is just a reminder that Membership renewals for 2018 were due 1st January. If you haven’t renewed yet, please do so via Paypal, direct bank transfer, cheque by post, or cash at a meeting. Annual Subs are $30 , or $20 Concessions.
Bank deposits for subscriptions and other payments can be made to Waverley Amateur Radio Society, Westpac BSB 732-051 Account Number: 71-6694. Please include details on the transfer (eg VK2ZZ subscription) and email (treasurer at vk2bv dot org) with details of your payment. Alternatively payments can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org via Paypal, with details in the comments field.
Postal address: PO Box 634, Rose Bay NSW 2029
What are the benefits of being a W.A.R.S Member?
CQ WW SSB – 27th TO 30th October: Members of WARS were operating from the Southern Highlands.
We also received two IARU Worked All Continents Awards
- Ferry Contest this Sunday 11th March 2018 - The 3rd edition of the Ferry Contest will soon be here. For those intending to participate please refer to the pages on our website (Ferry Contest 2018). There was a temporary glitch in our system which impaired our ability to provide the most up to date information for logging. This year we have an extra … Continue reading Ferry Contest this Sunday 11th March 2018
- Ferry Contest 2018 - Once again the Ferry Contest is almost up on us. It is due next Sunday 11th March 2018 (10:00 – 16:00 )! Please consider participating even for a short period since it is definitely the more the merrier. Whilst some contesters are working very hard for the maximum points there are others who simply enjoy … Continue reading Ferry Contest 2018
- WARS ANNUAL AUCTION-8 July 2017 - Don’t miss out on the WARS Annual Auction, to be held in the Vickery Avenue Rose Bay Scout Hall on July 8th . Bring your surplus gear to sell. Buy Treasures from others. See details HERE
- Notice of Annual General Meeting - Please Login to view this content. (Not a member? Join Today!)
- The Ferry Contest is almost here….. - In case nobody noticed the Ferry Contest is on this Sunday 12th March (10:00 – 16:00)! For those who are contemplating their preparation here are some ideas: Preparation Dust off the radio(s) and check their operation Charge batteries and spare batteries Program the suggested frequencies Print log sheets Study the ferry map and timetable Read … Continue reading The Ferry Contest is almost here…..
- Trans Tasman Low Band Contest 2016 - The club has been awarded 3rd place certificate for its entry to the Trans Tasman Low Band Contest in July 2016. We operated a Multi-operator / Two Transmitter entry on 160m, 80m and 40m in SSB, CW and RTTY modes. This was a first attempt at a multi-multi operation from the club site -a great … Continue reading Trans Tasman Low Band Contest 2016
- Can this box really carry 30A? - Yes it does: See here http://zedm.net/archives/39
- Voltmeter on Powerpole Distribution Box - The new version of the Powerpole Distribution box looks & works terrific!
- Vale Neville Amy, VK2FNJA SK. Funeral Service & Delayed Tuesday Working Bee - Neville Amy VK2FNJA sadly passed away on Saturday 24 September 2016. A funeral service will be held for Neville at the Eastern Suburbs Crematorium, South Chapel at 10am, Tuesday 04 October 2016. The regular Tuesday working bee may either be delayed until aroud 12pm, or possibly cancelled. Please call on a club repeater on the … Continue reading Vale Neville Amy, VK2FNJA SK. Funeral Service & Delayed Tuesday Working Bee
- Oceania DX SSB Contest – Club country DX station operation - The club is planning a country DX station operation for the Oceania DX SSB Contest from 01-02OCT at a rural property near Robertson NSW, about 2 hours south of Sydney. Members are invited to join the contest operation and take this opportunity to participate in an easy international DX contest, where the DX is listening … Continue reading Oceania DX SSB Contest – Club country DX station operation
Created: 30/10/95 Updated: 17/02/15